I’m not sure how one decided objectively what’s the best comfort food. so I recently put it to a very unscientific test by asking my facebook friends to tell me what their comfort foods were.
Here are some of the responses I received.
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Tom Yum Soup or Pho for a cold
- Popeye’s chicken
- Chocolate covered pancake or waffle
- Chocolate covered anything
- Cheese curds
- Super rare steak or buttery scallops
- Fried chicken, friend dumplings, well just fried things
- Strawberry coffee cake with a big cup of hot tea
- Mac n Cheese
- Artichoke dip (although I would argue artichoke even in its plain form, with cheese of course)
- Tater tots
- Ice cream
- Good bread
- Home made cinnamon roles (I’ve never had the pleasure, and I’m jealous)
- Peanut Butter and apples
- Fried corn
- Cornbread (butter and honey on mine please!)
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Lots of home cooking, recipes that come though the family.
Usually the common theme with comfort food is that you are uncomfortable so it stands to reason that stuff that reminds you of home, childhood or is easy to make counts as comfort food.
Thanks for all the input facebook friends and #MNFoodBlogger pals!